Family Reconnection Camp
A guided camping tour for the whole family
Want a family camping trip that’s hassle free?
Sound too good to be true? We created our guided family camping trips so you could have the best of both worlds. This tour is for families who want to get away from it all and have quality time without all the extra preparation that goes into camping. And without blowing the bank.
Price: Pricing dependant upon location, menu chosen and number of nights away. Please contact Paul to discuss.
Days: 2+ days
Place: 10 National Park options available. Click here for full list.
Group size: min 3 – max 10
The camp is fully catered with meals made from locally sourced produce from Sage Farmer’s Market in Moruya.
The menu includes a full breakfast (bacon and eggs or muesli options), damper, lunch and dinner and marshmallows for roasting over the camp fire.
Including freshly brewed coffee over the camp fire each morning, and selection of 5 teas varieties. When you book let us know if you have any dietary requirements to cater for.
To and from pick up points: Ulladulla Visitor’s Centre, Batemans Bay Visitor’s Centre.
Tents with sleeping mats.
We also offer optional glamping experience at Deua Tin Huts for $150 more per night. We’ll pick up guests from Huts at 10am once breakfast has finished. Guests will need to know how this works for their meals etc.
Including, bushwalks and national park entry
Warm clothes (it can get chilly at night)
Swimmers (if summer)
Dry pit toilet
Remote camps = sealed toilet with pop up tent (for privacy) which tours are they?
No phone reception – your guide will have a satellite phone for emergencies.
Applied First Aid Certificate.
Why you’ll love this tour
Want get your kids off their phones and out in the fresh air? This family adventure tour is the perfect way to reconnect with each other, without ever hearing the words “I’m bored”.
And for parents, imagine taking your kids on a camping trip and know you‘ll be able to relax as well. You can just enjoy being together as a family, without thinking about work, school or what’s happening on Facebook. When was the last time you did that?
Tailored to your family
We’ve designed the Family Reconnection Camp so it can be tailored to what your family enjoys. We can either increase the adventure factor or we can up the ante on relaxation. Talk to Paul about what you’d like to do when you book.
Don’t want to make a decision? We have a package just for you.
What you’ll see and do
- Campfire fun with full dinner, marshmallows and stories.
- Night time spotlighting for all family members.
- Walk along river after hearing a birdlife dawn chorus, a lengthy breakfast by the river and time for spotting wallabies, kangaroos, lizards, prolific birdlife.
Animals and wildlife
- During the day you’ll see goannas and eastern water dragons sunning themselves along the she-oak lined river.
- There are also echidnas, wombats, rednecked wallaby, swamp wallabies, eastern grey kangaroo. If you’re up just before dawn you might be lucky enough to see a platypus
- This is prime birdwatching county with kingfishers, honey eaters, robins, blue wrens gang gang (these are the smallest black cockatoo, their call sounds like a creaky doors).
- At night we’ll go spotlighting and find possums, gliders and owls (cute factor is high).
- Swimming in the waterhole
- Bushwalks (Wyanbene caves, Big Hole walking track)
- Roast marshmallows over the fire
- Day trip to local historic town Braidwood